Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What are the folkloric and mythological aspects of technology?

I have to write a paper on some aspect of technology (What I mean by technology is your hand-held devices and all of the "things" you do with them; your computers and pads; and, the Internet). In the paper I have to tease out the mythological and folkloric dimensions of the aspect of technology you have chosen. I was wondering if anyone could help me cause I have absolutely no idea what this paper is asking.What are the folkloric and mythological aspects of technology?
I think your teacher is on crack, and you can tell them I said so. Ok, so as long as there's been technology, there's been myths/legends/folklore. Think back to the old Twilight Zone episode where the crippled woman who couldn't get out of bed starts getting phone calls from her dead boyfriend, from beyond the grave (dun dun DUNNNN) and it turns out that the phone wire fell on his grave, enabling her to get calls from the Other Side.



I really, really want her coverage plan.



That was based on folklore. So you can use it to write the Haunted Ipod as folklore. As for the myth part, you can say anything, like, the technology for the cell phone was given to Steve Jobs because he gave a suit of clothes to a pixie or something.



Like I said, I think your teacher is on crack. Good luck with the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment