Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is the future of portable media technology?

I am considering purchasing a Sansa portable mp3 player, mainly so I can use Real's Rhapsody on the go. However I was curious as to whether there were to be any new "breakthroughs" in portable media technology soon (besides larger storage space). If so, I would hold off buying and wait for the new technology.What is the future of portable media technology?
The only well-known upcoming change is the iPhone. While there are several phones that have had MP3-capability crammed into them, I've yet to hear of one that plays music as well as a dedicated player. The iPhone will essentially be the largest Nano with a phone built around it, so the sound quality should be significantly improved (provided, of course, you don't insist on using the horrible stock earbuds). Of course, that's still assuming that you actually want one device to serve double duty.



Other than that, the only sure bets right now are smaller size and larger capacity. Everything else would either be speculation or a likely breach of someone's non-disclosure agreement.What is the future of portable media technology?
Breakthroughs...you mean like besides phones being mp3 players and getting tv shows and internet...I love Chris Rock's joke that goes "I want a phone thats actually a phone."

No comments:

Post a Comment