Saturday, February 25, 2012

What graduate level science, math or technology major can an undergrad Film/Politics major take on?

Long story short, I've lost virtually all interest in both of my college majors. I want to get involved in something more important and challenging. The recession has made me realize how many math/science/technology majors the USA lacks.



However, with my undergrad record being absent of science and math qualifications, I'm wondering if it would even be possible to get involved in something like Computer Science or Experimental Physics, etc, at the graduate level... or whether it would require me to get another Bachelor's degree. Is there some sort of test I can take to prove my qualifications?



I was looking at the majors at ETH Zurich, one of the top rated schools in the world, and it only costs a few thousand bucks for tuition. I thought, great-- but it looks like they'll only admit you to grad school if its the same major you did undergrad in. Is this the norm for American schools, too?What graduate level science, math or technology major can an undergrad Film/Politics major take on?
Those graduate programs do not start over at the beginning - they assume you've spent 4 years already learning the basics. You are not qualified to apply to those graduate programs. You'd have to go back and take the equivalent of those majors in order to apply to a graduate program.What graduate level science, math or technology major can an undergrad Film/Politics major take on?
You can try to apply but your chances of getting in are low. But not zero.



My daughter, an economics major, is now getting a PhD as a civil engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment